Role : Assistant Video Editor
Manager : Director of Post Production
Location : Los Angeles, CA
About 100 Thieves
100 Thieves (“Hundred Thieves”) is the premier lifestyle brand and gaming organization. Based in Los Angeles, the company was founded in 2017 by former Call of Duty World Champion and YouTube sensation Matthew "Nadeshot" Haag. 100 Thieves has leading esports teams competing in League of Legends, Fortnite, Counter Strike, and Valorant. The brand is recognized globally for its streetwear-inspired apparel, known for rapidly selling out new drops. In 2020 the company opened its brand-new headquarters, the Cash App Compound, which at 15,000 sq ft is the largest esports facility in the US. 100 Thieves produces top gaming podcasts and massively popular YouTube content, created by its world-class gaming talent including CouRageJD, Valkyrae, and BrookeAB.
About the Role
The Assistant Video Editor will be responsible for managing the capture, organization, labeling and a-roll cut of our content. The Assistant Video Editor will be also responsible for sourcing and placing required b-roll in the edit. Content may be defined as individual videos, series, and formats that air across any or all current and/or emerging social media and video platforms owned and operated by 100 Thieves. The Assistant Video Editor will work with the programming and production teams to develop original format and show concepts, and to execute on the post production elements therein. The Assistant Video Editor will also be responsible for developing post-led projects on social and emerging video platforms that utilize both existing and new content. The Assistant Video Editor may also be responsible for publishing of content. We're looking for someone who is proactive, personable, reliable, flexible, and enthusiastic about joining a growing startup.
- 3+ years of experience editing
- 3+ years of experience with YouTube and social media video
- Must be familiar with the gaming space
- Familiarity with YouTube content and culture is a massive plus for this role
- Advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experienced in sound and color mixing
- Moderate to high level of VFX competency
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
- Able to proactively own & execute designated tasks independently, with a high level of comfort asking for help when needed
- Experience working with and/or managing Asana, Trello, Jira or similar project management system
- Strong organizational skills
- Incredibly reliable
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; detail-oriented, strong Multi-tasker
- Edit our biggest and brightest shows, formats and concepts
- Help shape the 100T visual style and tone, and help to keep it consistent across programming
- Scope, plan and execute original post-driven projects
- Find the storylines in post production that the development and production teams may have missed
- Proactively develop a post pipeline with a clear vision of how the show will roll out and be marketed to the end user
- Develop social extensions of YouTube programming that expands reach, in addition to social-native video concepts
- Troubleshoot, proactively identify, and quickly execute on post production issues and/or inefficiencies
Why You’ll Love 100 Thieves
- You will have opportunities to grow in your career
- You will be relied upon and empowered by internal stakeholders
- You will have an opportunity to work every day with a team of smart, hungry, and humble people
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “[Assistant Editor] Your Full Name” and include your resume.