Role : Cinematographer
Manager : Director of Production
Location : Los Angeles, CA
About 100 Thieves
100 Thieves (“Hundred Thieves”) is the premier lifestyle brand and gaming organization. Based in Los Angeles, the company was founded in 2017 by former Call of Duty World Champion and YouTube sensation Matthew "Nadeshot" Haag. 100 Thieves has leading esports teams competing in League of Legends, Fortnite, Counter Strike, and Valorant. The brand is recognized globally for its streetwear-inspired apparel, known for rapidly selling out new drops. In 2020 the company opened its brand-new headquarters, the Cash App Compound, which at 15,000 sq ft is the largest esports facility in the US. 100 Thieves produces top gaming podcasts and massively popular YouTube content, created by its world-class gaming talent including CouRageJD, Valkyrae, and BrookeAB.
About the Role
The Cinematographer will be responsible for developing a house style of cinematography, camera work and editing that has a consistent style and tone, and will work with a team of physical production crew members to maintain and evolve this style. Will work with Programming and Development to create and execute on original concepts as a producer, director, cinematographer and/or editor as needed. Content may be defined as individual videos, series, and formats that air across any or all current and/or emerging social media and video platforms owned and operated by 100 Thieves. The Cinematographer will work with Programming and Development to scope original concepts and develop pitches and pilots to take to air. The Cinematographer will directly manage individual formats and shows from pre-production all the way through the post launch marketing window. We're looking for someone who is proactive, personable, reliable, flexible, and enthusiastic about joining a growing startup.
- 5+ years of experience in physical production
- 5+ years of experience with YouTube and social media video
- Must be familiar with live production and technical directing
- Extremely knowledgeable about camera and lighting techniques and equipment, sound recording, broadcasting and post production
- Must be familiar with the gaming space
- Familiarity with YouTube content and culture is a massive plus for this role
- Experience filming traditional sports/action is a huge plus
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
- Able to proactively own & execute designated tasks independently, with a high level of comfort asking for help when needed
- Personable & approachable with a strong customer service orientation
- Experience working with and/or managing Asana, Trello, Jira or similar project management system
- Strong organizational skills
- Incredibly reliable
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; detail-oriented, strong multi-tasker
- Work across departments to execute on current, ongoing programming at a higher level of performance
- Scope, budget and execute on original projects
- Manage a shoot from the lighting down to the sound design, with no element overlooked
- Proactively develop a production pipeline that maintains quality standards without wasting time, resources or manpower.
- Plan to shoot for social extensions of YouTube programming across multiple platforms that expand reach, in addition to social-native video concepts
- Troubleshoot, proactively identify, and quickly execute on production issues and/or inefficiencies
- Think strategically with an eye for balancing production needs and content opportunities with ROI
Why You’ll Love 100 Thieves
- You will have opportunities to grow in your career
- You will be relied upon and empowered by internal stakeholders
- You will have an opportunity to work every day with a team of smart, hungry, and humble people
Email us at email@example.com with the subject: “[Cinematographer] Your Full Name” and please include your resume.