Manager: Chief Financial Officer
About 100 Thieves
100 Thieves (“Hundred Thieves”) is the premier lifestyle brand and gaming organization. Based in Los Angeles, the company was founded in 2017 by former Call of Duty World Champion and YouTube sensation Matthew "Nadeshot" Haag. 100 Thieves has leading esports teams competing in League of Legends, Fortnite, Call of Duty, and Valorant. The brand is recognized globally for its streetwear-inspired apparel, known for rapidly selling out new drops. In 2020 the company opened its brand-new headquarters, the Cash App Compound, which is a 15,000 sq ft esports facility and acquired a CDL franchise, LA Thieves. 100 Thieves produces top gaming podcasts and massively popular YouTube content, created by its world-class gaming talent including CouRageJD, Valkyrae, BrookeAB and 2HYPE.
About The Role
100 Thieves is looking for a Counsel to lead the company’s legal operations, as well as partner with the executive leadership team to drive business decisions & execution as the company continues to scale. This person will be responsible for providing legal guidance across each of our unique businesses as well as managing the company’s legal operations and all external counsel. This person will work closely on our esports, entertainment, talent, publisher & league relationships, business development, and partnerships.
- California Bar admission in good standing (or California Registered In-House Counsel)
- 6+ years of experience at a leading law firm and/or corporate legal department
- Knowledge of the sports and overall gaming industries and related legal trends and business practices
- Experience and comfort working across a variety of legal disciplines including corporate, commercial, sports or entertainment, and HR
- Ability to understand the 100 Thieves business, our goals, and problem solve with our leadership team to further enable growth
- Strong negotiation skills on both legal and business matters
- Self-sufficient and entrepreneurial individual who can provide solutions to the business and resolve issues in creative and practical ways
- Ability to multitask, cover a high volume of deals, and work independently to structure, negotiate and expeditiously close both simple and complex transactions.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and develop highly effective and productive working relationships with 100 Thieves’ executive team across all businesses
- Passion for building companies and desire to work at a fast-paced startup
- Values that align with 100 Thieves: results driven, collaborative, entrepreneurial & innovative, hungry & humble
- Comprehensively define and lead all legal aspects of 100 Thieves business
- Provide all legal guidance and advice across the company
- Manage all legal operations and all external counsel
- Partner on negotiations across all major contracts
- Partner with the business unit operators to negotiate agreements on behalf of the company and ensure all internal stakeholders are aware of the key terms
- Draft, analyze, and review agreements with sponsors, talent, vendors, employees and others, use external counsel as necessary
- Conduct legal research and review company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions
- Lead and manage the following legal disciplines:
- HR & Employment
- Commercial & Partnerships
- Publishers & Leagues
- Real Estate
Why You’ll Love 100 Thieves
- You will play a key role in defining the future of 100 Thieves and will be depended upon to ensure the success of the company
- As we scale you will be given the autonomy and resources needed to build a world-class legal department
- You will have an opportunity to work every day with a team of smart, hungry, and humble gamers & entrepreneurs
- You will be a key leader in helping us reach our goal of being recognized as the lifestyle brand that took competitive gaming mainstream
- We offer an incredible benefits package including 100% company paid medical/dental/vision insurance for you and your family, unlimited paid time off including three seasonal breaks, and free gear from each drop
Email us at email@example.com with the subject: “[Counsel] Your Full Name”. Include your resume and cover letter.
100 Thieves is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment.