Senior Director of Business Strategy & Operations
Role: Senior Director of Business Strategy & Operations
Manager: Chief Financial Officer
About 100 Thieves
100 Thieves (“Hundred Thieves”) is the premier lifestyle brand and gaming organization. Based in Los Angeles, the company was founded in 2017 by former Call of Duty World Champion and YouTube sensation Matthew "Nadeshot" Haag. 100 Thieves has leading esports teams competing in League of Legends, Fortnite, Call of Duty, and Valorant. The brand is recognized globally for its streetwear-inspired apparel, known for rapidly selling out new drops. In 2020 the company opened its brand-new headquarters, the Cash App Compound, which is a 15,000 sq ft esports facility and acquired a CDL franchise, LA Thieves. 100 Thieves produces top gaming podcasts and massively popular YouTube content, created by its world-class gaming talent including CouRageJD, Valkyrae, BrookeAB and 2HYPE.
About The Role
100 Thieves is looking for a Senior Director of Business Strategy & Operations where you’ll work closely with the CFO and senior leadership to drive key business initiatives and change across the company. This person will exhibit a strong presence, business mindset, and the aptitude to drive rigor and critical thinking into operational related initiatives across the company. You will own the operational engine, helping us anticipate needs, use data for decision making, and streamline processes and create efficiencies. You must have the capacity to balance multiple priorities, influence internal partners, and possess excellent communication skills that can be tailored to cross-functional audiences at every level. You will also be required to successfully develop plans, proposals, and manage key stakeholders to do the same.
- 6-8 years experience in a management consulting, strategy, and/or operations role
- Excellent project management skills with a proactive mindset
- Ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their operational implications
- Ability to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Analytical, comfortable with large data sets, and able to extract business insights from analysis
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Experience with managing highly visible, high impact cross-functional projects
- Desire to work at a fast-growing and fast-paced startup
- Values that align with 100 Thieves: results driven, collaborative, entrepreneurial & innovative, hungry & humble
- Work in partnership with the CFO and leadership team to identify key strategic projects with high impact and then help build operational plans to execute against these strategic projects. This can include M&A or business unit level projects
- Drive operational excellence for each business line through driving each team’s annual planning as well as quarterly OKR/headcount planning and tracking and diving into how each business operations at a granular level
- Develop, refine, and own key business processes to support corporate strategy, such as our long-term strategic planning process, quarterly OKRs, and other regular management touchpoints
- Partner closely with Director of FP&A to evaluate new initiatives (internal and external) from a strategic and financial lens
- Build strong peer-level relationships with leaders across the organization and in partnership with key internal stakeholders (FP&A, People, Legal)
- Tackle high-value priorities across the organization to drive top-line or bottom-line improvements
- Prepare and develop clear and concise presentations and dashboards that will drive action in all areas of the business
Why You’ll Love 100 Thieves
- You will play a key role in defining the future of 100 Thieves and will be depended upon to ensure the success of the company
- You will have an opportunity to work every day with a team of smart, hungry, and humble gamers & entrepreneurs
- You will be a key leader in helping us reach our goal of being recognized as the lifestyle brand that took competitive gaming mainstream
- We offer an incredible benefits package including 100% company paid medical/dental/vision insurance for you and your family, unlimited paid time off including three seasonal breaks, and free gear from each drop
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “[Senior Director of Business Strategy & Operations] Your Full Name”. Include your resume and cover letter.
100 Thieves is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment.