Production Location Sound Mixer
Role: Sound Mixer
Manager: Director of Production
Location: Los Angeles, CA
About 100 Thieves
100 Thieves (“Hundred Thieves”) is the premier lifestyle brand and gaming organization. Based in Los Angeles, the company was founded in 2017 by former Call of Duty World Champion and YouTube sensation Matthew "Nadeshot" Haag. 100 Thieves has leading esports teams competing in League of Legends, Fortnite, Counter Strike, and Valorant. The brand is recognized globally for its streetwear-inspired apparel, known for rapidly selling out new drops. In 2020 the company opened its brand-new headquarters, the Cash App Compound, which at 15,000 sq ft is the largest esports facility in the US. 100 Thieves produces top gaming podcasts and massively popular YouTube content, created by its world-class gaming talent including CouRageJD, Valkyrae, and BrookeAB.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Sound Mixer to join our team. The Sound Mixer will be responsible for capturing high quality audio both on location and in-studio for all 100 Thieves flagship content. Content may be defined as individual videos, series, and formats that air across any or all current and/or emerging social media and video platforms owned and operated by 100 Thieves. The Sound Mixer will work with the programming and production teams to handle all audio needs on both the production and post production side. We're looking for someone who is proactive, personable, reliable, flexible, and enthusiastic about joining a growing startup.
- 5+ years of experience with location sound recording
- 5+ years of experience with digital content
- Must be familiar with the gaming space
- Proficient in running audio solo (Booming, live mixing, and wireless frequency wrangling all by oneself)
- Experienced with live broadcast & streaming sound specifications
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
- Experience working with and/or managing Asana, Trello, Jira or similar project management system
- Strong organizational skills
- Incredibly reliable
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; detail-oriented, strong Multi-tasker
- Capturing high quality audio for 100 Thieves content pieces
- Providing multiple, usable sound pickups for every shoot - boom and lavs
- Work with the production team to ensure each shoot is a success and that any issues are flagged early and worked through.
- Help the edit team improve pieces through sound design, sound editing, and sound mixing when needed.
- Troubleshoot, proactively identify, and quickly execute on production and post production issues and/or inefficiencies.
- Owner/operator of professional sound recording equipment.
- Adept with studio mixing boards including Allen & Heath SQ
- Experienced in post production audio mixing
- Comfortable with the Adobe Suite of software
Why You’ll Love 100 Thieves
- You will have opportunities to grow in your career
- You will be relied upon and empowered by internal stakeholders
- You will have an opportunity to work every day with a team of smart, hungry, and humble people
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “[Sound Mixer] Your Full Name”. Include your resume and cover letter!
100 Thieves is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment.