Role: Talent Coordinator
Manager: Sr. Director of Talent & Entertainment
Requisition Date: September 2020
About 100 Thieves
100 Thieves (“Hundred Thieves”) is the premier lifestyle brand and gaming organization. Based in Los Angeles, the company was founded in 2017 by former Call of Duty World Champion and YouTube sensation Matthew "Nadeshot" Haag. 100 Thieves has leading esports teams competing in League of Legends, Fortnite, Counter Strike, and Valorant. The brand is recognized globally for its streetwear-inspired apparel, known for rapidly selling out new drops. In 2020 the company opened its brand-new headquarters, the Cash App Compound, which at 15,000 sq ft is the largest esports facility in the US. 100 Thieves produces top gaming podcasts and massively popular YouTube content, created by its world-class gaming talent including CouRageJD, Valkyrae, and BrookeAB.
About The Role
100 Thieves is looking for a Talent Coordinator to work with several of our flagship content creators. We are a player and talent-first organization, and entertainment is one of the core components of our business, alongside esports and apparel. By partnering with world class talent, we are able to create compelling content across digital platforms, develop new entertainment IP, grow the 100 Thieves brand, market our apparel, reach new fans, and have daily touch points with our fans. This role will focus on being a great partner to our talent and maximizing their value independently and as part of 100 Thieves. You will primarily work on talent management, growth, and retention.
- This role is located in Los Angeles, CA and will require proximity to talent and the company HQ in Culver City.
- 1-3 years at a talent agency, talent management company, talent-driven media company, or similar.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Obsessed with gaming content and creators: you live and breathe gaming and digital content, watching Twitch, YouTube, TikTok, and more, and have a strong point of view on what makes creators great.
- Scrappy and hungry: this is not a 9-5 job, as talent needs vary dramatically and can include travel and weekend work.
- Analytical, investigative, and a solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), as you are the key liaison between 100 Thieves talent and the rest of our company and industry partners.
- Highly organized and effective at building systems so you can ensure trust, accountability, and confidence to our talent and internal teams.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be the primary point of contact for several of our content creators across all of their 100 Thieves needs and responsibilities.
- Be an advocate and partner to our talent internally and externally, working to support and assist them on their journey as content creators with strategy recommendations, resource identification, ad-hoc requests, etc.
- Ensure that 100 Thieves is utilizing our talent to their fullest potential.
- Work with our partnerships team to ensure talent-related sponsor deliverables are executed in a timely & precise manner.
- Assist partnerships team in ideating potential sponsorship campaigns.
- Work with content team to schedule talent filming and content opportunities.
- Assist content team in developing personality-driven content and IP.
- Assist marketing team in involving talent in broader 100 Thieves initiatives.
- Keep accurate records of executed sponsor deliverables, content filming, & talent analytics.
- Research, identify, and bring strong perspective on potential new talent to bring into the world of 100 Thieves.
- Provide insight, recommendations, and advise on talent contract negotiations and extensions.
Why You’ll Love 100 Thieves
- You will play a key role in defining the future of 100 Thieves and will be depended upon to ensure the success of the company.
- You will have a significant head start based on the company’s past success, passionate fan base, and brand-facing Founder & CEO.
- Despite being a startup, we are one of the most important brands in the gaming and esports industry and are able to attract world class talent.
- You will work daily with our most precious resource -- our talent -- and will have enormous impact through your effectiveness with them.
- The talent you work with engages with millions of fans on a frequent basis.
- You will be relied upon every single day for talent needs, and will work with our Talent team to define our future strategy for talent and entertainment.
- You will work across nearly all business teams at 100 Thieves, including marketing, content, partnerships, apparel, and more, all of whom are full of entrepreneurial, collaborative, and passionate people.
- You will play an important role in helping us reach our goal of becoming the most successful lifestyle brand in gaming.
- On any given day, 100 Thieves can be a part of cultural moments in gaming and broader pop culture.
Email us at email@example.com with the subject: “[Talent Coordinator] Your Full Name”. Include your resume and short responses to the following questions:
- What is one specific thing you think 100 Thieves is exceptional at?
- What is one specific thing you think 100 Thieves could improve on?
- Who is your favorite 100 Thieves creator?
- What is your favorite 100 Thieves YouTube video?
- Who is your favorite gaming content creator and your favorite content creator (if different)?
- If you could sign any single creator to 100 Thieves today, who would it be and why?
- Send a link to the most innovative content creator you’ve come across (any platform).
- Tell me about your favorite interaction you’ve had with a content creator.
- If your best friend came to you and said they wanted to become a content creator, what advice would you give?
- In three sentences or less, describe why we would be fools to not hire you.